lunedì 6 marzo 2006

Dude, Where's My Civil War?

"Ci sto provando. Ci sto provando da tutta la settimana. L'altro giorno ho guidato per una trentina di miglia sulle strade e nei vicoli di Baghdad. Sto cercando la guerra civile di cui parla il New York Times. E proprio non riesco a trovarla". Ralph Peters sul New York Post.

"I'm trying. I've been trying all week. The other day, I drove another 30 miles or so on the streets and alleys of Baghdad. I'm looking for the civil war that The New York Times declared. And I just can't find it. Maybe actually being on the ground in Iraq prevents me from seeing it. Perhaps the view's clearer from Manhattan. It could be that my background as an intelligence officer didn't give me the right skills. And riding around with the U.S. Army, looking at things first-hand, is certainly a technique to which The New York Times wouldn't stoop in such an hour of crisis.
Let me tell you what I saw anyway. Rolling with the "instant Infantry" gunners of the 1st Platoon of Bravo Battery, 4-320 Field Artillery, I saw children and teenagers in a Shia slum jumping up and down and cheering our troops as they drove by. Cheering our troops". Ralph Peters, on the New York Post.

Round-Up: California Conservative, Austin Bay Blog, Flopping Aces, PunditGuy, Anti-Idiotarian Rottweiler, Don Surber, The Jawa Report, Riehl World View, TigerHawk.

Nessun commento: